The show really helped me decide something I regularly debate. Should I let Alex watch TV? So much research shows that too much TV is bad for kids, but I have always loved Sesame Street. I watched it faithfully when I was little and with my brothers as they grew up. When I was hoping to start a family, I looked forward to watching it again with my kids. I have even been looking for DVDs of the missing years. Didn't everyone used to think Mr. Snuffleupagus was imaginary? Now everyone sees him, not just Big Bird. The show has so much to offer and is educational. Today, for example, LL Cool J taught the meaning of unanimous. Last week, Megan Mullally explained what distracted meant.
I have finally made up my mind. My vote is cast. Sesame Street will be showing daily in our house!! I really don't know why I questioned this for so long. Alex loves it, and so do I. Here is a picture of him watching as a baby. Isn't he cute?

In other voting news, Scarlett Johansson just called my house urging me to vote for Obama. I didn't have the heart to tell her I am not registered to vote here!
1 comment:
Great children's programming can be such a lifesaver for moms! Sesame Street gets my vote as well! (If we had an antennae on our family TV, my kids would totally be watching Sesame Street...alas, the only TV that gets broadcast channels is the one in my bedroom, and that room is OFF-LIMITS to our two hooligans!)
Post a Comment