Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Prayer

If you didn't get a chance to see or hear Rick Warren's Inauguration Prayer, here is a link to the video: 2009 Inauguration Prayer.

Rick Warren is the author of Purpose Driven Life and the pastor of Saddleback Church in California. Many people were wondering if he would end the prayer using Jesus's name. Since many religions have a god as their figurehead, praying to our God will not offend them. They can pretend we are actually praying to theirs, but praying in Jesus's name is very specific. I love how Rick ended his prayer. It was awesome!! I hope you enjoy it too.

One of my goals for this year is to pray for our new President and for the safety of his family. It makes me think of Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

May God bless America, land that I love.

No comments: