Friday, February 6, 2009

Lowry Park Zoo

A few Saturdays ago, we went to Tampa for a day of fun. In case you couldn't tell, this is a manatee statue in the zoo's entrance.


Alex petting yet another goat at another zoo. We didn't get bit today!


Even the penguins in Florida have a beach. Apparently, not all penguins like the cold. I was really surprised to learn this. They were pretty cute and looked like true Floridians.


Alex can speak their language. He does a great penguin walk too.



After we left the zoo, we drove over to the beach. Sadly, I left the camera in the car. Alex had a great time running on the beach. We love the movie Hoot, so he was barefootin' just like Mullet Fingers in the movie. It was the highlight of the day.

2 comments:

Jody said...

Looks like fun. I love going to the zoo.

steph said...

what a great looking zoo! I love the penguins!