Monday, August 31, 2009

Second Firsts

A few months ago, I shared some of the things Alex did for the first time. When I became a mom, I had grandiose ideas of making beautiful, yet manly, scrapbooks to preserve Alex's every move. Four years later, I have yet to finish his life book, which only accounts for the first year of his life! Now, I have decided that our blog will record all of our major life events. I am, of course, a little behind. I do hope to fill in the blanks of the last six months with back posts to complete our historical year in Florida. I loved living there, and I want to remember as much as I can. For now, our lives still go on. Alex is still learning, growing and changing every day. Without further delay, here are our firsts from last week:

On Monday, (8/24) I found an awesome recipe for granola bars on this website: http://www.joyfulabode.com/blog/category/recipes. You will have to scroll down to find the recipe, but I thought you might like to see some of her others. We were home alone on Monday night, so we made the best granola bars I have ever tasted, and I have tasted a lot! Alex was so cute helping me stir the bars. I didn't take a photo, but he was wearing some red footy pajamas and standing on a chair over the dining room table. He was eating the mix as fast as he could stir. He is a really good helper in the kitchen, and can now crack an egg all by himself without making a mess.

On Tuesday, (8/25) Alex said, "I want you to hold me." Up until now, he has said, "hold you" anytime he wanted us to hold him. I can feel my friend Stephanie rolling her eyes at me :). Her mom is a speech pathologist type person, who has shared invaluable advice with me through Stephanie over the years. I know I should have corrected this phrase, but it was so cute. I did actually try a few times to correct it, but it is confusing, so I let it go. Sadly, now Alex has let it go too.

On Thursday, (8/27), my dear, sweet, little Alex said, "Mom, I don't want to go to school. I want to stay home with you." It was music to my ears! Of course, I did make him go to school, and it wasn't much of a fight. He loves his teachers and his new friends. It was just really nice to see that he still loves me too!

On Friday, (8/28), we went to our first football game at the new school. Alex has long been a fan of the Tri-County Titans, and he was still saying "Go Titans" before we got to the game. Oakland will always have a special place in our hearts. I credit our friends there for praying Alex into existence. Even though we have to move on, we still love the Titans! We love our new team too, and now, we have two teams to root for! Alex likes the ladies and is a charmer. The new cheerleaders let him climb up on their stage and dance with him. One of the drummers in the marching band let him try out her drum, and he got to play with a few of his new friends. We are very thankful to have a new community that has welcomed us so warmly.

2 comments:

steph said...

Pam, I can't believe you would ever think I would roll my eyes at something!!!

I do love hearing about the "firsts" though! What is your new teams mascot?

Pam said...

Ha Ha! Our new mascot is the Heat.